Brampton Northwest Connects started in our community’s schools in 2007 – 21 in all from both the Dufferin-Peel District Catholic School Board and the Peel District School Board.Our group includes concerned citizens and groups from across our area.
- Peel Regional Police
- Peel Public Health
- City of Brampton
- Brampton Library
- Public Agencies
- Youth and Youth Leaders
- Private Business
We’ve built a foundation for our community by putting We’re building a foundation for our community by putting youth first. And through that, we’ve created an open and caring environment for everyone.
Brampton Northwest Connects is working to:
- build leadership, empathy and consciousness in the next generation of youth (we’re building for the future)
- connect parents to community resources to help their children (we know you can’t do it alone)
- bring families – young and old – out of their homes to connect and share with other families (we know neighbours can be friends, too
We want Brampton Northwest to be a community that’s good for your children’s health and yours, too.
We’re focusing on several key areas, including:
- building youth leadership capacity
- opening doors to physical activity
- assessing community needs
- engaging the community
- educating parents
- inspiring creative expression
- promoting peace