The next Brampton Northwest Connects meeting will be on Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 8:30AM – 10:30AM at Cassie Campbell Community Centre. Everyone is welcome to attend!
Brampton Northwest Connects General Meeting
Thursday, November 26, 2015 8:30AM to 10:30AM
at Cassie Campbell Community Centre
1050 Sandalwood Parkway West, Brampton, ON
Everyone is welcome!
AGENDA FOR November 26, 2015 – 8:30AM-10:00AM (Presenter order subject to change.)
- City of Brampton Updates Councillor Doug Whillans firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSEP (Multicultural Settlement and Education Partnership Program in Peel) The role of the settlement workers in your school. Nala Moorthy, NSEP Facilitator, email@example.com 905-890-1010 ext 2173
- Broadening Horizons, Sara Singh, Executive Director & Founder firstname.lastname@example.org www.broadeninghorizons.ca
- Brampton Library Updates, Surita Dey, Community Engagement Coordinator, Children’s & Youth Services email@example.com
- BikeBrampton Updates Dayle Laing bikebrampton.ca
- Cassie Campbell Community Centre Updates Melissa Als, Recreation Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- In The Mix Brampton Sukhmani Bhardwaj inthemixprogram.com
- Region of Peel – Family Literacy Program Ilya Berlin, Coordinator, Volunteer and Student Services email@example.com
- Good News & Round-the-Room What have you been doing or what are you going to do?
- Other Business
BRAMPTON NORTHWEST CONNECTS MEETING DATES FOR 2015/2016
February 25, 2016 at Cassie Campbell Community Centre 8:30AM-10:00AM
April 7, 2016 at Cassie Campbell Community Centre 8:30AM-10:00AM
June 2, 2016 at Cassie Campbell Community Centre 8:30AM-10:00AM
For those unfamiliar with Brampton Northwest Connects, we’re a volunteer organization that has been connecting (since 2007) with Peel and Dufferin-Peel schools, Peel Police, Peel Public Health, City of Brampton Recreation and Culture, Brampton Public Library, local politicians, youth leaders, private business, social agencies and community members. We’ve built a foundation for our community by putting children and youth first, and through that we’ve created a safe, open and caring environment to live, work and play in. Our meetings offer you the chance to connect with your colleagues and with agencies and organizations that offer many exciting opportunities for your school and your students. One of the most inspiring and ‘connecting’ parts of the meeting is the “Good News & Round-the-Room” agenda item. You have to be there to see just how many connections are made and to make some of your own!
STEERING COMMITTEE FOR 2015/16
Jocelyn Cann, Region of Peel, Public Health Nurse
Dave Cooper, City of Brampton, Recreation Supervisor, Cassie Campbell Community Centre
Joan Doane, City of Brampton, Arts and Culture
Colleen Lowry, Peel Board, Principal, Edenbrook Hill
Susan Wilson, Dufferin-Peel Board, Principal, St. Angela Merici
BNConnects Meeting Dates for 2015/2016
Thursday, November 26, 2015 – 8:30AM-10:30AM at Cassie Campbell Community Centre
Thursday, February 26, 2016 – 8:30AM-10:30AM at Cassie Campbell Community Centre
Thursday, April 7, 2016 – 8:30AM-10:30AM at Cassie Campbell Community Centre
Thursday, June 2, 2016 – 8:30AM-10:30AM at Cassie Campbell Community Centre
Special Event Dates for 2014/2015
TBA – BNConnects ‘Day of Pink’ Celebration Day
TBA – BNConnects Special Games
Please make sure you’re on our mailing list or check the website prior to meetings for location updates.